- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim any excess fat from chicken breasts, and cut into 1½ inch (4 cm) pieces. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and water. Place chicken pieces in egg mixture, stirring to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Pour this mixture into a large re-sealable plastic bag. Using a slotted spoon to let extra egg mixture drain, transfer chicken pieces, a few at a time, from the egg mixture into the bag. When all chicken pieces have been transferred, close the bag and shake it until all pieces are well-coated with the bread crumb mixture. Discard leftover egg and coating mixtures.
- Place coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn the pieces, and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, with Apricot Zing Dunking Sauce.
Apricot Zing Dunking Sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together well and top with parsley or curled green onion tails to garnish.