Arugula, Citrus & Chicken Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Use a sharp knife to cut off both of the ends of the grapefruit. Cut 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) deep into the fruit, or more, to remove the peel, the white membrane beneath and some of the juicy parts. Set aside peels as you go as they will be used for juice. Rest the grapefruit on one of the flat ends. Remove the peel and membrane by slicing down from the top following the curve of the fruit making sure you are cutting on the inside of the white membrane. Rotate and repeat until you have gone all the way around the fruit.
- Cut the fruits into segments away from the membranes by cutting on either side of the membrane to remove sections. Use the same procedure to prepare the orange segments.
- Squeeze juice from peels and membranes into a measuring cup. You should have approximately 1/4 cup (60 mL) of fresh juice. Set aside for vinaigrette.
- Cut the roast chicken into thin slices. Set aside.
- Heat a dry, medium skillet over medium-high heat. Spread shredded coconut out in skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until coconut is mostly golden brown. Do not walk away as this can burn easily.
- Add arugula and salad greens to salad bowl. Top with grapefruit, orange segments and chicken. Finish with the toasted coconut sprinkled over. Serve with the citrus tarragon vinaigrette.