Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers with Sweet Potato “Plum” Sauce
- Put chicken in a bag and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten into strips about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix whole wheat flour and almond meal in a shallow bowl.
- Beat egg in another bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces into the egg and then press into the flour/almond mixture, coating all sides.
- Heat one tablespoon (15 mL) oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet. Pan fry in two batches for 5 minutes each on both sides or until cooked through at the centre. Use second tablespoon (15 mL) of oil to fry the second batch. Serve with the sweet potato plum sauce.